Hello JAASC members, friends and family! While all the final details for our annual party gala (Shinnenkai 2019) are being put into place by the dedicated and hardworking special event committee, we’re also working on finalizing the rest of the year’s calendar. Here is a teaser with some of the events we are looking forward to in 2019! (For current calendar of events, always visit our homepage at https://jaasc.org/.)
- Shinnenkai Annual Party
- Japanese Craft Night
- Japanese Game Night
- Odori dance practice
- Japanese Hina Dolls event and exhibit at TCMU
- Language Table (Japanese/English conversation practice)
- Columbia SC Interest Meeting/Meetup(s)
- Upstate International Month (March)
- JAASC Member meetups: Drive baseball game, outdoor concert, holiday gathering
- SC Kyudo Renmei hosts International Japanese Archery Seminar and Rank Test
- Partner events with: Clemson University, Furman University, Visions International
- Bon Dance Japanese Culture Festival
Do you have other ideas for events? Venues? Businesses and organizations we should partner with? Input and feedback on past events? Please let us know in the comments here, or on our Facebook page, or email us at email@example.com.
Are you interested in getting involved and wondering where to start?
Membership is available at the student, individual, family and company levels. Your JAASC membership also includes a reciprocate membership with the Japan-America Society of North Carolina (JASNC).
We are looking for members in the Columbia area to help us start a Meetup series, a regular Language Table series, and support for the Carolina Kimono Club in 2019. We’d love input from locals on any venues, businesses and organizations we should reach out to in the Columbia area. firstname.lastname@example.org
We can always use helpers and volunteers at special events such as the Bon Dance Festival in August, Shinnenkai in January, Spartanburg International Festival in October, as well as our monthly events such as Language Table or Culture nights (crafts, games, traditional arts). If you think you’d like to help just let us know! email@example.com
As always, thank you for your participation, feedback and support! We look forward to spending another excellent year with all of you.